Food Porn Magazine Mexican Pasta Salad with Cajun Shrimp Recipe • Food Porn Magazine
For the shrimp:
- 1 pound (454g) shrimp (shelled, tails removed)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon Ranch seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- juice of one lime
- For the salad:
- 3 cups uncooked Barilla farfalle pasta
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Toss the shrimp with the olive oil and the cajun seasoning. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for about 6 minutes, flipping once, until they are completely pink. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, Ranch seasoning and taco seasoning until well combined. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta to al dente, according to the package directions, in a large pot of boiling water. Drain and rinse with cold water until the pasta has cooled. Place the pasta in a large bowl and add the corn, red pepper, tomatoes, black olives, black beans, red onion, cilantro, avocado and shrimp. Add the dressing (you may not need all of it) and toss lightly until everything is coated.
- Alternatively, you can refrigerate the salad, shrimp and dressing separately if you are making it ahead of time, and toss it all together right before serving. Don’t cut and add the avocado until right before serving as it will brown quickly.